Monday, August 18, 2008

Taffeta



I am having a love affair with Tafetta.

Sure it is gaudy. (I give you that.)

I know it was the fabric that composed every fancy dress your mom made you wear between 1987-1992.

For some strange reason it seems to only comes in plaid...

And it makes funny sounds when you move. Even slightly.

None of these things scare me.

It looks structured and classic so long as it isn't paired with velveteen.

I want to make a gorgeous skirt out of it and wear it everyday. Or every other.

Apparently, I am not alone.

2 comments:

caroline duke said...

this skirt reminds me of this dress, which i'm wanting a lot. i'd imagine it's probably taffeta too. where was it when i went to prom?

caroline duke said...

i'm sorry. that apparently was the dumbest set of words i've ever strung together. bedtime.

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails