Friday, January 29, 2010

Coming Home







I have often thought about the home I grew up in in New York.

My bedroom had blue flower wallpaper and forest green carpet.

There was a magnolia tree out front we climbed, a small blackberry bush that we picked from in the summer, and a huge rock nestled next to a short juniper bush.

There was a rock that I would pretend was a baby hidden in the Juniper bush. I would find it every spring and play with it outside until the snow fell. Then find it again in the spring.

I would be crushed to go back and see bare floors, white walls and a misplaced rock baby.

Coming Home shows mages of residences from people's childhoods.

It is an interesting photojournalistic story.

1 comment:

The Kitten and the Bear said...

Thank you for this. The baby under the bush reminded me of my own childhood imaginings x

var linkwithin_site_id = 113048; Related Posts with Thumbnails